Dear Summer Missionary Applicant,
Thank you for your interest in applying to be a summer missionary. The work you are applying for is not just a summer “job”. It is becoming the hands and feet of Jesus – working for the advancement of His Kingdom alongside the churches in our association.
Summer Missionaries are not only ambassadors for Christ, but they are also representatives of the Concord Baptist Association, and are a big connection point between local churches and the association office. The role of the summer missionary is to partner with local churches in a variety of ways. This may include, but isn’t limited to VBS, Backyard Bible Clubs, camps, mission trips and more.
There is a lot of responsibility that comes with serving as a summer missionary, so before you apply, we want you to know that we do have high expectations of our summer missionaries. They are as follows:
- It is critical that you spend regular time with the Lord, both in His Word and in prayer. You cannot do this work on your own strength – you must be filled with Him.
- It is critical that you live with high moral integrity, abstaining from practices that scripture prohibits and/or that would tarnish your witness and hinder your ministry. These include, but are not limited to: the use of alcohol, tobacco, illicit drugs and substances; sexual activity outside the biblical covenant of marriage (to include the use of pornography).
- Serving as a summer missionary is a stretching experience, so it is imperative that you enter the summer with an attitude of humility.
- You must be teachable – willing to listen to and learn from the leadership that the Lord will place above you.
- This summer is not about you. It is about making Christ famous. Sometimes, you may be asked to do tasks that you may not want to do. Remember, you are serving others and a servant does not put themselves first (see Mark 10:45).
- You must be responsible to complete and submit all forms and reports in a timely manner.
Terms of Service
If you are accepted as the 2023 CBA Summer Missionary, you will be contracted to serve for ten weeks beginning May 29 and ending on August 4, 2023. There are several weeks of service that are mandatory, including:
June 3-10, 2023 | Mid-Missouri Missions Team, California, MO
July 9-14, 2023 | Concord Builders Mission Week, Roby, MO
July 16-20, 2023 | CBA Children’s Camp at the Pulaski County Baptist Association Campground, Waynesville, MO
If you have any questions, please email Alicia at email@example.com or call the office at (573) 556-0376.
All application materials must be completed and submitted by Friday, May 12, 2023. Be sure to follow up with your references to make sure they have completed and submitted the reference form by this date!